For More Info or To Registrer Click Here
When: Saturday, July 27
Time: 9 am to 5 pm
Dacula Activity Building
2735 Auburn Ave
Dacula, GA 30019
The Grassroots Referee Course includes the following:
- Grassroots Online Course ($20)
- Attending the Grassroots In-Person Entry Course ($70)
If you are 18 years or older, you must also complete:
- US Soccer NCSI Background Check ($30) – valid for two years
- SafeSport Training (Free) – valid for two years and required by federal law
The Grassroots Entry In-Person Course is an eight-hour course. The course is split between a three-and-a-half-hour classroom session, and a three-and-a-half-hour field training session that takes place outside on a field. There will be a one-hour lunch break in between, usually from 12 PM – 1 PM. Your lead instructor will email a more detailed itinerary in the week leading up to the course.
Courses will begin on time. Late arrivals will not be allowed to attend the class. Please arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to the course time listed to allow for check in.
Step 1: Create a Profile at US Soccer Referee Learning Center
- Register for and complete the Grassroots Online Course. 100% of the Grassroots Online Course must be completed before attending the In-Person course. Estimated time to complete is 4.5-6 hours.
- Register for an In-Person Course in the Learning Center.
Step 2: Safe Sport Certification (if 18 or older)
- Access Code: YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M
- If you have already completed Safe Sport training, log in to your account, click on the Menu in the top left corner, Update Account, change tab to Profile, scroll down and ensure US Soccer is listed under Memberships. If not, just add it.
- Safe Sport must be completed before attending the In-Person course. Estimated time to complete is 2-2.5 hours.
Step 3: Complete the US Soccer NCSI Background Check (if 18 or older)
- Valid for two years.
- Will be available in the Learning Center by the end of July.
- The LOTG are also available as an app on both Android and iOS.
What do I need to bring to the In-Person course?
- Phone or tablet
- Appropriate footwear for outside field training (running shoes, turfs, cleats)
- Lunch, water, snacks, etc.
- Assistant referee flags, referee whistle if you have access to any (optional)
- Notepad and writing utensil
- Appropriate outside training attire for the forecast weather